December 3, 2012

Look of the Day: 60's Christmas Party

Sunday night I attended my work Christmas party. Every year they do a great job choosing a theme, and this year was no exception: 60's and 70's! As you can imagine, there's a huge range of styles, from mod to hippie to disco, but being the vintage fan I am, I chose to go with the early 60's Mad Men-esque style. I was a little nervous doing this look because I don't usually wear lipstick, but it turned out great!



Face:
Illamasqua Skin Base in 02 mixed 1:1 with Illamasqua Matt Primer
Illamasqua cream concealer in 115 (under eyes and lightly on blemishes)
Almay Smart Shade pressed powder in 010
Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Rude

Eyes:
Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow
Almay Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black
Essence Gel Eyeliner in Black
Clarins eyeshadow in black (old version of the Graphites quad) to set liner
Revlon Photoready 3D Volume mascara in Blackest Black

Lips:
Models Prefer Ultra Lip Gloss Pencil in Dare to Wear

Nails:
Revlon Top Speed nail enamel in Fire

Overall, it was a great night! All of my friends from work dressed up, and the company did a really nice job theming the venue. Turns out we all know the words to 60s/70s music better than the current stuff!

I'll be back soon with reviews for some of the products I used for Sunday's look!

2 comments:

  1. Love this look, especially the winged liner x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the way winged liner gives definition without too much darkness!

      Delete