January 20, 2013

Mini-review: January Favourites! (Part 1)

Sorry for the neglect, lovely readers! January has been chock-full of running around, sweltering heat, and planning for my study abroad application! Nevertheless, I did have time to buy some great products, so here's a quick run-down of my favourites:



Models Prefer Moisture Lust Lipstick (Peach Ice Tea): This is a scary orange in the tube, but one sheer swipe gives a glossy wash of peach. It is buildable, but I doubt you'd reach full opacity. The formula is fairly moisturising, and looks good for about 2 hours on me. From memory there are about six colours. Psst-- the new range also includes a clear lip liner for those who don't want to shell out for the big-brand version. $11.99 for the lipstick, $7.99 for the liner.

Essence Stay With Me Longlasting Lipgloss (My Favorite Milkshake): Lovely creamy pink with no shimmer and enough pigment to even out your natural lip colour. Here's the kicker: this is far more moisturising than any lip balm I own! It lasts three to four hours and moisturises the whole time. That's a miracle for me, as I'm usually reapplying balm every hour or so. It comes in another couple of light pinks with slight shimmer, a coral/red and a deep purple-pink with insane glitter. Go buy one. $3.95.

Yes To Carrots Lip Butter (Sweet Fig, SPF15): Grabbed this on a whim when I lost a couple of my Burt's Bees lip balms. With SPF15, it's a great option for summer, and although it does leave a bit of a white cast, it's nowhere near as bad as the Burt's SPF version (which is only SPF8). Really good sturdy balm for everyday use. Comes in another four or five flavours, one of which is also SPF15. $5.99.

Sukin Nourishing Lip Treatment: I've been using this at night for the past couple of weeks. It's quite thick so stays on really well, if you can stop licking it off! Vanilla scented and flavoured. $7.50-$7.95 depending on the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment